Social Responsibility Socity Care
|NO CHILD LABOUR AND NO FORCED LABOUR|
|1) CHILD LABOUR
1.1. Primex Apparel shall not engage in or support the use of child or young worker under the age of 18 as per TN Factory rules 1950.
1.2. The organization shall, while employing the worker, obtain a copy of one of the following documents as a proof of age.
• School / college leaving certificate
• Birth certificate
• Driving license
1.3. In the event of the employee unable to furnish any of the above documents, fitness certificate from a certifying surgeon shall be obtained as prescribed in the Tamil Nadu factory rules,
2) FORCE & COMPULSORY LABOUR
2.1. We are not engaging or supporting forced labour or compulsory labour ,prison labour, bounded labour .we will comply with Indian .bonded labour system(Abolition)Act,1976 and the contract labour(Regulation and Abolition)Act,1970.
• The organization shall not ask for the original copies of the documents (such as Birth certificates, passports, etc.,) to be lodged while commencing the employment. Only copies of such documents shall be collected as proof of age.
• The employees shall work voluntarily and if they are required to leave during working hours for emergency purposes they shall leave upon informing the supervisors/managers.
• The employees are free to leave at the end of the working time and not be forced to work under compulsion.
• Employees will not be compelled to work during holidays.
|HEALTH & SAFETY|
|1. FIRE DRILL TRAINNING|
|The company has provided a safe and healthy working environment and taken adequate steps to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with or occurring in the course of work.
Health and safety trainings are conducted periodically. As part of the safety training, once in 2months fire drills & first aid trainings are conducted. Training records are maintained.
|2. FIRST AID BOX|
|The first aid boxes are provided in each working floor as prescribed by the Tamil Nadu factory rules with the names and the certificate copies of first aid personnel displayed. Care is taken to ensure that trained first aid personnel are available during working hours.|
|3. WATER DOCTOR|
|Each working floor including lunchroom is provided with drinking water facility (cool, hot & normal clean drinking potable water) and the water storage facility is cleaned daily and once in 6 months serviced for its suitability.|
|4. FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION & RIGHTS TO COLLECTIVE BARGAINING|
|A grievances and complaints register is maintained at each of the factories for the employees to register their grievances. Additionally suggestion boxes are placed in the units.|
|We ensure that the employees are solely employed, trained, promoted and remunerated on the basics of performance and competence irrespective of race, national or social origin, caste birth, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, marital status, union membership, political opinions, age or any other condition.|
|6. DISCIPLINARY PRACTICES|
|Discipline Policy: The organization does not engage in or support the use of corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion and verbal abuse nor shall deduct wages for disciplinary purposes.|
|7. WORKING HOURS|
|The organization has established the normal working hours not to exceed 48 hours a week.|
|The organization complies with the wage schemes as per the Government norms and the norms laid down by the trade union agreement signed between the TEA association and the labour associations, so that it meets the basic needs of the family and provide some discretionary income.|
|9. MANAGEMENT SYSTEM|
|The management has defined company’s policy for social accountability expressing its commitment to
• Conform to requirements of the standards
• Comply with the national and other applicable laws
• To respect the international instruments and their interpretations
• Continual improvement.